Sunday, February 7, 2010

Thinking of you, Bill

I realized last night that I am very grateful to have my job at the airport that keeps me working weekend nights. I had a rare Saturday morning shift yesterday and got off work at 5:00 pm. After wandering around for a while, I found myself eating alone at Cafe Rio and then stopping at the grocery store. Before I knew it, I was heading out of the store with all the ingredients for one of Bill's favorite snacks.

Yes those are triscuits, emmenthaller cheese and green olives. Trust me it is an acquired taste but one of Bill's favorites. I'm not sure now how we use to afford it. The cheese was $14.99 a pound. It was a great evening...eating this snack, entering mileage and drive time expenses for all my merchandisers on the computer, listening to Show tunes Saturday night and missing my sweet Bill. (Pretty glad I didn't opt for his other favorite snack: Zesta Saltine crackers, mayonnaise and smoked oysters)

2 comments:

  1. I dont know where he got the cheese and olive thing but yummy for the mayo, crackers and smoked oysters. Ron is now a convert of that too! It is our favorite snack.

    ReplyDelete